Professor Jonathan Fawcett
DPhil. FRCS FRACS
Hepatobiliary & General Surgeon
Director Queensland Liver Transplant Service
Graduated MBBS with 1st class honours in 1983 from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne in the UK. Completed postgraduate training in Newcastle, Bristol and Oxford, gaining the FRCS (England) in 1988 and graduating doctor of Philosophy from the University of Oxford in 1994. After completing the intercollegiate FRCS in 1995 (winning the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland Prize), accredited as a specialist surgeon. Moved to Australia in 1996 to take a position as a consultant Liver Transplant and Hepatopancreaticobiliary surgeon at the Princess Alexandra and Royal Children’s Hospitals in Brisbane. Currently Director of the Queensland Liver Transplant Service and Professor of Surgery in the University of Queensland.
- All aspects of liver and pancreatic surgery, including laparoscopic resection.
- Liver transplantation with particular experience in transplantation in childhood.
- Continuing commitment to general surgery
- Primary liver cancer (HCC)
- Liver transplantation
Membership of Professional Societies
- General Surgeons Australia
- Australian HepatoPancreaticoBiliary Association
- Transplantation Society of Australia and New Zealand (currently Treasurer)
- International HepatoPancreaticoBiliary association
- International Liver Transplantation Society
- The Transplantation Society